It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:49 pm

WoW Chat

chub proposal

General WoW chat

Moderators: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR), |INC| WoW Officers

chub proposal

Unread postby chub » Wed May 07, 2014 11:19 am

Hi, some of you may know me from CSS or Dota2 or even the recent meet up in Nottingham.

I have been the guild leader of a Alliance guild Called The Holy Warriors on Thunderhorn since the beginning of Warcraft, but I over the last year have not had the inclination to continue recruiting as friend slowly but surely left the guild. In this expansion we have managed to do little real raiding and im getting pretty sick of randoming LFR and flex as they rarely seem to work and its very disappointing putting time aside when week after week it never goes or quickly falls apart.

A few of my Italian friends/members moved some of there characters to an Italian realm and although they invite myself and a friend to raid with them occasionally its not the same when everyone is talking Italian.

Also because the server population/activity was getting bad (before the merge) other members started a new Horde guild on a PVP server (both of which are not my thing).

Consequently the activity in my guild is very little now and more social than anything else.

I was considering not bothering buying the expansion as I could not be bothered trying lots of different guilds until I found the right one for me and my right hand lady. Then it occurred to me about you guys, probably more as I started seeing a few of you playing. Although i haven't read your specific wow rules, i always found your general ethos/rules on things like hacking, abuse, having fun etc fitting me perfectly and being similar to those of my own guild.

So now to my point, I have spoken to my best wow friend who I always play with and is the only reason I continue to play about leaving our guild and joining you guys. This for both of us is quite difficult and emotional as this guild has been our baby for the last 10 years and we are the only two founders of four still playing. With a view for us longer term moving a character over to your realm/guild, as a temporary measure for both partys would you be interested in testing the water with a raid or two ?

The character that I would be looking at bringing over is Yukip, my level 90 Retribution paladin. My friend said that she would like to bring her main across which is a level 90 priest healer called Akire.

I feel I have already spammed too much and yet probably left a lot of questions outstanding, so please feel free to ask any questions you have or simply dismiss my idea.

Thanks for your considerations.

Chub

P.S. Due to having a family a can only commit to one or two raid nights a week and those would need to be Monday through to Thursday evening. Although I do play other nights I log off by 9 to spend time with my family.
chub
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6127370
InGame CSS Name: chub-uk
WoW Character Name: Yukip

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Re: chub proposal

Unread postby Orbicon » Wed May 07, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi Chub, we met at the meetup.

You and your friend are more then welcome to join us. That's sad news to hear about your guild.

I will point out that the INC guild is not a hardcore raiding guild and is a more of a social guild but we do like our raiding :). Currently our only raiding nights is Saturday nights and maybe Wednesday nights. We're not a big enough guild to be doing 25 man raids unfortunately but we do schedule for flex and if there is not enough we jump into LFR.

I think the best thing would be for you to join us on Teamspeak one night and meet everyone. Let us know any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer.

Also please feel free to add me on battle.net (Orbicon#2701).

Cheers

Orb
Orbicon
|INC| WoW Officer
|INC| WoW Officer

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:34151867
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Orbicon
WoW Character Name: Legamir
battle.net: Orbicon#2701
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: Orbicon.4621

Unread postby chub » Wed May 07, 2014 2:32 pm

Cheers for the reply. Im not a hardcore raider either. I do like to raid, but not to sacrifice my life at the same time going hardcore.

Wednesday (if you do it) would be fine for me. We would both be more than happy to join you in a flex group and make the numbers up with a few randoms if needed through the flex queue but I have all of the required gear from LFR, so it would be pointless me doing that.

Ill add you to my battlenet friends, just gimme a yell if you need a few extra :-)
Also anyone else that would like adding just let me know.
chub
CSS Member
CSS Member

Unread postby Grandma » Wed May 07, 2014 3:11 pm

Just come grab us all on ts3 when playing - my battle net is in my profile too but if you're on ts3 we'll just add you to whatever we're doing if you fancy coming along :)
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Blog: View Blog (5)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9730917
Origin Account Name: madadamuk
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Grandma
Playstation Network Username: MadAdamUk
battle.net: madadamuk#2560
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: grandma.5296
Twitter: madadamuk
iMessage_id: admin@inc-gaming-clan.com

Unread postby chub » Wed May 07, 2014 3:17 pm

Ive added you both.
chub
CSS Member
CSS Member

Unread postby CoSK » Wed May 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Hey I used to play Thunderhorn! But under Horde. :D
CoSK
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8428040
InGame CSS Name: gricey
WoW Character Name: Hambeast
Playstation Network Username: SwoleyJoley
battle.net: gricey#21704
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: EtonMessy.1836

Unread postby chub » Thu May 08, 2014 11:41 am

Well, same old same old last night.

I queued for flex 3 & 4 last night with my friend. Within a minute we where invited to a random party.
The first attempt on the first boss failed as not enough people knew the tactics, so I reminded everyone to stand in the pools and stack in front of the boss on blood rage. Amazingly with just one reminder of the tactics we got the boss down very easily second time.
As soon as the boss was down the main tank left (He obviously only needed lot from the first boss). Within the next minute around 3 more members left believing the raid leader would never be able to replace the tank.
Amazingly within a few minutes the RL had found replacements and we started clearing trash again.
We split the groups for the second boss, started and one side failed because the new healer was not able to solo heal. Immediately around four people including both tanks left.
Again the RL managed to pull one out of the bag and replace those that had left pretty quickly.
This time we wiped because one of the new tanks didn't know the tactics and immediately left after a wipe with another 3 people.
By this time I had spent 2 hours in a raid of which I only needed loot from the last boss (Thok).

We left the raid with the usual disappointment that we have had for weeks now. Not managing to even get to the bosses we need :-(
chub
CSS Member
CSS Member

Unread postby Delco » Wed May 14, 2014 11:06 pm

The more the merrier. :)
Delco
|INC| SWTOR Member
|INC| SWTOR Member