It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:44 pm

SWTOR Chat

Boredom

Moderators: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR), |INC| SWTOR Officers

Boredom

Unread postby Delco » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:48 pm

I haven't made many forum posts since i joined all you wonderful peoples and couldn't think of how to start then i figured i'd bring this subject up as I've been feeling like this for quite some time now not just with Swtor but with just games i'm playing at the moment. It's a phase i go through with games i play often and i'm wondering how others cope with this as well to maybe pick up some advice on the way. Long story short... i'm bored. I've reached the stage where I've gotten so bored with doing the same thing over and over again,week in and week out that it's actually deterred me from playing the games i'm so used to playing which are primarily MMOs : Swtor,Gw2 etc. Essentially the only thing keeping me hooked or subscribed( call it what you want ) is the social activity i.e you guys. :) Don't get me wrong you guys are great,love almost all of you and there's never a dull moment but people aren't always going to be around to give me the socialness ( yes it's a word I've just made up )that i crave that keeps me hooked to the games in question. So i was wondering how you guys deal with boredom and whatnot,See what opinions there are. :)
Delco
|INC| SWTOR Member
|INC| SWTOR Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:42278679
WoW Character Name: Asmodias
battle.net: moge2468@msn.com
Twitter: @EllisMorg

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Re: Boredom

Unread postby Allstar » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:53 pm

I'd suggest varying the games you play. There are a lot of INC members who only play CSS so why not give it a go; it's pretty cheap, runs on almost any computer and has addictive pick up and playability. :)

Also I go for long walks when I'm bored, give that a go. :wink:

Allstar
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:12733413
InGame CSS Name: |INC|^Ąłłśtąr

Unread postby Orbicon » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:44 am

Your not alone there Delco. There has been many times I have stood on the fleet or in Lions Arch and had no motivation to do anything. Last night I took a break form Swtor and played Tomb Raider as i hadn't finished it yet. Was nice to play something different to be honest.

I watch a lot of different TV shows which I think helps breaks things up for me. Also going out on the odd saturday night is a big help for me. :wink:

You may find though once you start studying that may help you be less bored and then your be relieved that you have some spare time for gaming.
Orbicon
|INC| WoW Officer
|INC| WoW Officer

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:34151867
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Orbicon
WoW Character Name: Legamir
battle.net: Orbicon#2701
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: Orbicon.4621

Unread postby Half-bak3d » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:58 am

I suffer from game boredom a lot. Thats why I have over 100 games in my steam account. Try mixing up the TYPE of game you play as well. MMORPG's are great and are different in many ways, but the fundamental basics remain the same. Even a single player RPG can have a different core - as it provides you with independence that an MMO cannot.
Half-bak3d
Lives Here
Lives Here

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:00000000

Unread postby CoSK » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:04 am

I get the same and I have a lot of games that I could use to kill off boredom but I lack all motivation. When I'm feeling like that I either watch a tv show or movie or as Allstar suggested I go for a walk, but with my dog. :D
CoSK
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8428040
InGame CSS Name: gricey
WoW Character Name: Hambeast
Playstation Network Username: SwoleyJoley
battle.net: gricey#21704
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: EtonMessy.1836

Return to SWTOR Chat