It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:44 pm

SWTOR Chat

Server character transfer plan

Moderators: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR), |INC| SWTOR Officers

Server character transfer plan

Unread postby Grandma » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:09 pm

I have already determined what INCs transfer plan will be based upon the information released by bioware this evening. I can't imagine that any other guild on any server will even think twice about doing the same thing. We have realistically been removed of choice on what to do. I will be confirming and communicating our plan to the rest of RISA in the next day or two and will post up full details here. INC will do what is best for our population of members and our ongoing continuation within the game.

Server transfers start next week on the 12th. I will be sending out a mail to any INC member who has ever had a character with us with our intentions and plans and what they need to do to stick with us in advance as much as I can. Please watch this space, I would suggest using the subscribe button on the bottom of the thread.
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Blog: View Blog (5)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9730917
Origin Account Name: madadamuk
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Grandma
Playstation Network Username: MadAdamUk
battle.net: madadamuk#2560
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: grandma.5296
Twitter: madadamuk
iMessage_id: admin@inc-gaming-clan.com

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Re: Server character transfer plan

Unread postby Grandma » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Here's the facts/details as announced by Bioware.

• Transfers will Start on 12th June
  • They will be announced at http://www.swtor.com/transfers
  • There will be destination and origin servers selected by bioware, they have no firm plan but are going to monitor progress and may change destination and origin servers as it progresses.
  • Each server involved will only be a destination or an origin server.
  • Each origin server will only have one potential destination server and this will not change except without considerable notice from Bioware further down the line.
  • Each destination server may or may not have more than one origin server pointed at it.
  • Guilds cannot be moved as a whole. GM's need to move and reform the guild on the new server if they are moving.
  • Guild banks can be requested to be moved by GM's - this will need to be done via CSR request.
  • Guild names will not be reserved and will be subject to there not already being a same-named guild. (INC may have issues here)
  • Character names will not be reserved and if you are moving you will have to rename your character if your name is already taken on destination server.
  • Legacy names will not be reserved and if you are moving you will have to rename your legacy if your name is already taken on destination server.
  • There are guesses from people as to which servers will be in which, but only Bioware knows this and there's little point in speculating I believe as it will make no difference to our plans. We'll either be forced to move or stuck on a dead server with no prospect of regaining numbers and keeping people interested by use of group finder, or we'll be moving and keeping everyone busy.

I feel we do not have a choice if we are to survive/prosper. If Hydian way is set as a destination server - we do nothing. If it is set as an origin server we move to whichever destination server is selected for us (only one choice will be given). I will leave an alt as GM on Hydian way and will move all the rest of my chars to the new server if that is the case. Will reform the guild and get people invited back in with motd's and as much info presented to my guild as possible. I will look to move my chars at the earliest opportunity with a few others and will recreate the guild there and apply for the bank to be moved.

The above approach has been communicated and agreed upon by all RISA GM's and we shall all be proceeding to do the same thing at the same time.
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Blog: View Blog (5)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9730917
Origin Account Name: madadamuk
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Grandma
Playstation Network Username: MadAdamUk
battle.net: madadamuk#2560
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: grandma.5296
Twitter: madadamuk
iMessage_id: admin@inc-gaming-clan.com

Unread postby ExGemini » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:19 pm

I'll be quite honest right now.
I'm not gonna move my characters and losing names all around the place.
If by any mean the Guild will move to survive, I'll wish you good luck but I'm not gonna follow unless on the new server, I can create dummy character with the names I want.

Untill then we'll see how the origin/destination goes :)
ExGemini
On-Trial Clan Member
On-Trial Clan Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:00000000

Unread postby Half-bak3d » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:58 pm

Bumped as this starts tomorrow.
Half-bak3d
Lives Here
Lives Here

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:00000000

Return to SWTOR Chat