It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:52 pm

SWTOR Chat

Level 49

Moderators: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR), |INC| SWTOR Officers

Level 49

Unread postby flaming badger » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Just as a heads up to all you hiding on DayZ. I've just hit level 49 and am more than a 3rd of the way through it. Should hopefully be there to join you on SWTOR by the end of my days off. That is if you can drag yourselves away for a few minutes?!? :P

Also if anyone wants to give me a hand through the some of my trooper class missions so I can get there quicker please feel free! It's currently a royal pain some of the higher level enemies are a real challenge and would realistically be much easier if I were level 50.
"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy"!
flaming badger
|INC| Subscriber
|INC| Subscriber

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7511340
InGame CSS Name: flaming badger

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Re: Level 49

Unread postby flaming badger » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:56 pm

Correction half way. Been on my own almost all day for the third day (others left within 20 min or were inactive). No offence ment but I'm struggling to see why I am INC on SWTOR. Nobody seems to play atm. If no-one can be arsed to play I'll either cancel sub to SWTOR or join a different guild.

I've spent ALOT of time grinding to level 49 and with 50 in my sights no-one is even on anymore. I know real life is there and other games come and go, but why the hell should I play a game people begged me to join when no-one plays? Fking appaling tbh. Last 3 dings have been on my own, teamspeak has been empty since about 5 am in SWTOR apart from Fibble seeing if I was still alive. Sick of playing it if i'm just screwing about on my own. I joined for the laughs and community spirit. NONE OF WHICH IS HERE.
flaming badger
|INC| Subscriber
|INC| Subscriber

Level 49

Unread postby Grandma » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:33 am

Badger - you've just posted twice in 2 hours, to expect a response and to come on that quick is silly. I for one was asleep the whole time. A good number of us have been taking short breaks from it and for many from the computer altogether. We were ridiculously active up until about a fortnight ago. Sure we'll come help and such and we'll of course do some ops and such with you, but give us chance rather than getting worked up every few hours.
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Blog: View Blog (5)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9730917
Origin Account Name: madadamuk
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Grandma
Playstation Network Username: MadAdamUk
battle.net: madadamuk#2560
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: grandma.5296
Twitter: madadamuk
iMessage_id: admin@inc-gaming-clan.com

Unread postby flaming badger » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:16 am

I was undecided if I should post a complaint or not tbh. But after spending another night on my own, in a pay to play game that I was invited to join... Well lets just say taking a break or not I have seen fibble, wisp and yourself in 3 days with none of you actually playing. I was led to believe at level 50 I could finally join in with the rest of you. However there is nobody here.

Silly for a bit of a rant? Meh maybe. Realistically if you want to go play a different game crack on. Just don't expect me to sit on my arse and wait for you to return.
flaming badger
|INC| Subscriber
|INC| Subscriber

Unread postby Grandma » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:26 am

Realistically badger you're being a bit of a nob here. We've been playing solid since December and have clocked up a shitload of hours. We first invited you to join us back in the middle of last year and you did so around feb this year. We've all a large number of level 50's now and have been playing the same content a lot for months now. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be doing other things when it warms up a bit. There's the fact that everyone is waiting for new content, that the olympics are on, that summer is here and that people are a little burned out. For you to bitch and whine like you just have because for a few days people haven't been playing with you is a really poor show and I expected better from you to be honest. You should know better than anyone that a sense of entitlement won't get you far with others. We've been at 50 for over 4 months, we've been doing the same things since. You're not even there yet. We are still regularly doing the ops at least once a week. Chances are, if you're not going to behave like a spoilt child, some of us may come on and play with you once you have reached 50 - at least that's what I was going to do later till your arseyness.
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Unread postby flaming badger » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 am

It not out of a sense of entitlement at all, it's not that I feel you need to or have to play with me. It's not that feel I need to "bitch and whine", it's just tbh I miss the atmosphere the banter and people generally having a laugh. I haven't been playing long but I have been basically grinding constantly to try and join in with you all. Something I actively haven't been able to do due to my lack of a 50 character.

As my above post mentions you can all play whatever games you want, and you will do. What I am trying to say is I can't justify paying for a game that when I play no-one is on. I have noticed over the time I have been playing numbers have dropped, the olympics, the summer, alien abductions, it could be anything.

I admit I was a bit pissed off last night. I had spent almost all day on teamspeak and tbh I was quite frankly lonely. I was in the house on my own and I tend to jump on a social game to have a chat and a laugh. I didn't hear a single voice until I was asked to help out on a CS:S issue. When I joined the server I got the various "hello badgers" and the like and really saw what I was missing.

I really don't know, maybe I just don't like the game. I'm not sure anymore, I've kept plugging away because of the people playing it. If they are not then perhaps I should just leave the game be.
flaming badger
|INC| Subscriber
|INC| Subscriber

Unread postby Grandma » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:14 am

Thats a bit better.

As you'll notice from another thread I've just put up. SWTOR has gone F2P or will be by the end of the month. It has lost around 75% of players it had since the start. It's failed to deliver on promises of new content time and again. There's a lot of people felt let down by them. It's not just us, there's been a huge exodus of players from the game. Personally, I only really enjoy the ops any more - they're still good fun. Which is why I have told you many times over the past week or so I've switched to another game - DayZ to have a bit of a break, hopefully so I can appreciate SWTOR more again. You started your first line on this thread mentioning DayZ - there's only myself and Flibble as active SWTOR players that have gone to try it by the way.

As for last night - I didn't come on because I wanted to watch a film. The day before I came and sat in TS with you for a bit because I saw you were on your own. Yes it's annoying that people aren't there all the time for you to talk to, but there's a damn good reason they're not there. It's not because they don't like the people etc, it's because they've other things to do atm.

If you don't want to pay for it, don't. My sub will run out about two months into the F2P option, dependant upon how much we're doing ops by then, I may leave it or carry it on on a subscription basis. TBH, I've always really loved the game, just lack of input and updates from developers and waiting for everyone to get to suitable levels for doing content has made it drag by for a while, I know these are frustrations shared by others.

All that being said, I think you have been overwhelmingly harsh, spoilt and somewhat selfish in this thread. I understand the frustration but you've no right to take it out on the few people who would likely come to help you and have been mates with you for years. I hope that it is entirely the result of a days frustration.

If you need help I can come and help boost you through those last missions at 50 later. Maybe we can get a few to do it too and then when it comes to around 7/8 we'll have you at 50 and take you through a story mode of EV, pugging extra spots if we need to.
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Unread postby flaming badger » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:26 am

I don't think joining me tonight would be a good idea. I don't like to think I somewhat forced you to join me. It would work me up even more.

The more I think about it the less I like about the game, people often ask me "whats my favorite planet" realistically none of them. At this time i'm 50/50 uninstalling, it's honestly not like me to get so worked up over a bloody game.

Sod it uninstalling from laptop, I'll leave the desktop alone until I've chilled out.
flaming badger
|INC| Subscriber
|INC| Subscriber

Unread postby Garro » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:31 am

Don't do it badger = (

Garro

Unread postby Grandma » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:35 am

There is an ops planned for 7pm regardless of whether you are playing or not. Should you be boosted to 50 before that starts you can take part, if not, you can't. As I said, until your arsiness awaiting me this morning I was going to offer to do that anyway.

Your decision entirely. But I'd suggest chilling out and considering the attitude.
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Unread postby flaming badger » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:40 am

Meh it's gone from the laptop, I wouldn't worry too much Garro. It's a bloody long download but it can come back should I ever feel the need. I currently still have it on my desktop, i'm not going to go on some angry purge quite yet.

I'm going to basically forget the game is even there for a while, quite frankly f*ck 50. I'm off for a chill now.
flaming badger
|INC| Subscriber
|INC| Subscriber

Unread postby flaming badger » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:48 am

Well taken almost a full 24 hours to consider it (aside the don't worry not gonna burn bridges post). Arsiness aside I feel I joined in on this game purely for the social aspect, I spent a few days without boo hoo me.

I don't really like the game, I joined it because some GOOD online mates of mine joined it and tbh I felt slightly hard done by when they upped sticks and went elsewhere, then when I could finally see me joining in on their fun well nothing. Best way of describing it is as a child a mate gets the latest game and everyone goes round his house and has fun but ignores you. I admit it was a bit selfish of me but I have always enjoyed the social aspect of the INC clan. Sitting on your own for several days in a game you can ill afford is not only a poor idea with the finances but poor in having fun.

Looking back at my posts I was shitty at best but I reluctantly joined to have a laugh with people I consider friends. I hope that hasn't changed and I may play again in the future.

I've been grinding and not having fun for a while, trying to join people I consider friends on the server. So I can take part and get the part out of the game I sorely miss. I honestly don't know if the game is worth it if it means causing a rift.

Basically to sum up, I want to join you all and have a good laugh. I can join in and have fun if you do. I was f*cking gutted when some of the people I wanted to join went elsewhere in a game I could ill afford. I was left in a game I didn't particulary like with no-one even taking part. I appologise for any offence in my prior posts, but I hope you can see it at least partially from my view.
flaming badger
|INC| Subscriber
|INC| Subscriber

Level 49

Unread postby Grandma » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:23 am

Indeed badger. One shitty post doesn't wipe out years of somewhat awesomeness.

You should let one or two of us boost you through to 50 then - the game changes a lot when you're there. There were about 8 of us on and sat in the channel most of last night ^_^
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)