It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:12 am

WoW Events

Guild Lottery

Events that take place within the INC World of Warcraft Guild

Moderators: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR), |INC| Events Team (ET), |INC| CSS Server Reps (SR), |INC| WoW Officers

Guild Lottery

Unread postby Orbicon » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:12 pm

Every week I will be running a guild lottery. Grandma ran something similar back when the SWTOR guild took off and it seemed very popular with our members. Unfortunately only members within our WoW guild may take part due to the cross realm restrictions.

The price per ticket is set at 10g to allow any low level characters to enter, but to also be something that lvl 90's can enter on a regular basis on a whim without feeling they've lost anything.

Simple Rules & Workings:

• Each ticket costs 10 Gold (in-game WoW currency).

• Each character may purchase up to 10 tickets per week. This is a limit of a 100 Gold per character - any excess gold that character sent will be put into the jackpot but will NOT count as an additional ticket.

• Roughly 20% of all tickets in any given week will be allocated to 'Rollover' - in the case of a rollover, 100% of the raffle prize pot will be allocated to the following weeks raffle prize pot. - See below for more details on how this works.

• In a Raid group Three tickets will be drawn at random using the in-game roll feature from the total number of tickets that week. Those three tickets will go into a second roll of a range of 1-3. The tickets will be assigned the number in the order they where drawn. For example the first ticket will be given the number 1 for the second roll. The winning ticket from the second roll will be allocated 100% of the raffle prize pot.

• Each week the draw shall take place in a different Inn. I will post the location and name of the Inn each week on the calendar.

• Entries are made via sending in-game mail with the subject ‘lottery’ along with the sum of gold that equals out to the number of tickets you want to ‘Legamir’. So if you wanted three tickets you would send me 30 gold for example.

• All entries received before 5PM GMT on a Sunday will be entered for the week that leads upto that Sunday. Entries made after this time will be treated as entries for the following week.

• All draws/prize postings will be made within 36 hours after 5PM GMT on a Sunday in normal circumstances - see below for exceptions to the norm.

• The results will be posted in this thread and on the in-game calendar on the day of the draw.

More detailed rules and processes:

• A character relates to one character name in-game. This means that an individual who has 3 characters on that server Alliance side may purchase upto a total of 30 tickets in any given week.
  • There is no financial barrier to the number of characters an individual may create on a server, so this is not restrictive on an individual.
  • Entries are tied to the character name that the message is sent from. You CANNOT enter on behalf of multiple alts with one message. To enter with multiple characters you would need to send entries from those characters.
  • 100% of all ticket entries collected will go into the Jackpot. The cost of sending the entry message is not covered by the lottery.
  • For every 10 entries made, 2 tickets will be rounded to the nearest number and will be allocated to 'Rollover'. Examples: In the case of 1-14 entries (2 tickets), in the case of 15-24 entries (4 tickets), in the case of 25-34 entries (6 tickets), in the case of 35-44 entries (8 tickets) and so on...
  • In the event of a rollover, 100% of the Raffle Prize Pot will be allocated to the following weeks jackpot.
  • Any entries made without the correct title/subject will still be counted.Throughout the week, all credits collected will be stored in a characters mailbox until the draw is made, at which point the winning character will be announced and the total of the RPP will be in-game messaged to that character.
  • Throughout the week, all credits collected will be stored in a characters mailbox until the draw is made, at which point the winning character will be announced and the total of the RPP will be in-game messaged to that character.
  • The draw will be administered by myself. I will view the entry messages and will look at the amount of gold sent - I will allocate the correct number of tickets for that individual character based upon how many tickets are purchasable from the amount upto the maximum. Any extra gold sent after all tickets have been purchased will be entered into the Jackpot but will NOT be allocated a ticket. This allows for a generous individual to enter in more gold if they so wish.
  • All draws will be made within 36 hours after 5PM GMT in normal circumstances. Should for any reason something prevent me from doing so - all draws will still be made based upon entry times and will be made at my earliest convenience.
  • If for any reason the draw is cancelled one of the following two situations will be put into effect at my discretion: (!) All entries will be returned in full to the individual that sent it; (2) All entries shall be counted as an entry into the next available draw.

Should you have a question about the operation of the lottery that is not answered with the above ruleset or you wish for clarification before entering, please feel free to request that clarification in this thread.

The main thing to remember it is all a bit of fun and hopefully we may have some big wins! :-D

Cheers

Orbicon
Orbicon
|INC| WoW Officer
|INC| WoW Officer

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:34151867
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Orbicon
WoW Character Name: Legamir
battle.net: Orbicon#2701
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: Orbicon.4621

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Re: Guild Lottery

Unread postby Orbicon » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:19 pm

The first the draw shall be hosted at the Goldshire Inn on Sunday 3rd of August. All entries made from NOW will all be counted towards that draw.

I will be buying the first round of Ale. :wink:
Orbicon
|INC| WoW Officer
|INC| WoW Officer

Unread postby Orbicon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:02 pm

Last Sunday's draw eneded in being a rollover! There was 220 tickets sold with a jackpot of 2,200G.

With it being a rollover that 2,200G has gone into this weeks jackpot!

This Sunday's draw shall be hosted at the Inn in Gadgetzen.
Orbicon
|INC| WoW Officer
|INC| WoW Officer

Unread postby Orbicon » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:00 pm

The Winner of yesterday's Lotto draw was Me! With a Jackpot of 3,500 gold :-D

This weeks draw shall be hosted at Aerie Peak's Inn in the Hinterlands.
Orbicon
|INC| WoW Officer
|INC| WoW Officer

Unread postby Orbicon » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:53 pm

This week's winner is Niemah(Alaru)! She wins a jackpot of 1,600g :-D
Orbicon