It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:52 am

Event Suggestions

Events Suggestions

Have an idea for an event, let us know and we'll try and make it happen

Moderators: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR), |INC| Events Team (ET), |INC| CSS Server Reps (SR)

Re: Events Suggestions

Unread postby lexadair » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:47 am

Grandma wrote:I think to bear in mind Jay is just starting out in this role still really tbf to him, however, he has been utilising a large number of the tools available for marketing that are already there.

There are already newsletters for different groups of people on the forum - you'd not want to use it for all because it'd be inappropriate and little spammish, not to mention be sending messages to many users who simply registered for the purposes of appealing bans etc. If a newsletter was to be used it should be no more than once a month or so in my eyes so as to not be too much.

PM's fall into much the same category - however, they're worse as they do use the forum a lot more for storage even though they achieve less - it's also more difficult to send pm's to large numbers than it is emails as they can't b queued in quite as neat a fashion.

I see where you're coming from when saying that using the PM function on the forum is a bad shout, you're totally right, and it would only take up valuable space.

But I really have to disagree otherwise Gran, Something's only spam if you lay it out as spam. I think if a clear, concise and visually appealing newsletter was to be sent out to the good people of INC, solely informing them of the events that are coming up in the next month and exactly how to get involved and where to go, I personally, don't think that would be seen as spam. That, and as also mentioned members could 'unsubscibe' to 'em.

It's all about how something's put together in my eyes.

Just my thoughts anyway!
lexadair
|INC| Events Team
|INC| Events Team

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:54582365
InGame CSS Name: lexadair
Playstation Network Username: lexadair
XBOX Live Gamertag: lexadair
Twitter: @baldy_heed
iMessage_id: adair.92@Gmail.com

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Unread postby Garro » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:09 am

I personally think JayJay is doing a good job and perhaps, as Lion said, people need to look to themselves sometimes. If I'm looking forward to an event I will usually mention it to other players in conversation.

In relation to people actually being aware of an event, as far as I am aware JayJay does Steam calendar reminders, posts on the forum/fb/twitter etc and has advertisements on the server. Not much more we can expect of him, it would be unrealistic to expect him to contact individual members.

A newsletter has it's merits but I would find it hard to believe that most members who were actually interested in participating wouldn't already be aware of the event through the aforementioned methods which JayJay uses.

Regarding the event organiser being there. I don't believe it is Events Teams job to actually run the event, that's up to us SRs I believe so it's not JayJay's job. However there are events that don't need server commands, like the server swarm, and therefore it is not mandatory to have someone there to do it.
Garro

Unread postby JayJay » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:18 pm

Sorry Shotking, Split the topic this morning, but forgot to comment as I was rushing to catch a bus to work, I have moved the thread here merely so it doesn't fill up an event thread which could be more useful for people wanting information about said thread itself, whereas having the discussion here with the title "Events Suggestions" will first bring more people to Discuss, and second, free up the other thread to be used how it was planned :)

Now, like Gran mentioned, I am still pretty new in my role, Therefore am slowly still picking things up, it is nice to hear suggestions, and to know what people think, but as Gran has pointed out, the newsletter may not be for the best intentions, but on that note, if a reasonable solution can be made for the "newsletter", the question to ask is: Who will read it?

I will keep an eye on this thread constantly, so any other ideas are welcomed, I am doing my best to try and create these events and making them work, I am utilising all functions we have in place for them, and trying to bring more events for the future.

Thank you for your Suggestions so far, and I shall listen out for more!

Regards,

JayJay
JayJay
|INC| Events Team
|INC| Events Team

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:43300690
Origin Account Name: TehJayJayStar
InGame CSS Name: |INC| JayJay
WoW Character Name: TehWolfyStar
Playstation Network Username: TehJayJayStar
XBOX Live Gamertag: Punishers Bro
battle.net: jj2307@hotmail.co.uk
Twitter: @TehJayJayStar

Unread postby Shotking » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:05 pm

I think something like a newsletter is worth trying before you condemn it as something no-one will read. Email marketing is actually the most effective digital marketing method there is, so I wouldn't poo-poo it just yet.

Source: writer, editor and email marketer...
Shotking
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6004306
InGame CSS Name: Shotking

Unread postby LioN » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Shotking wrote:I don't think anyone is suggesting he doesn't so anything, or doesn't put the effort in. But perhaps certain efforts could be better focused on different areas. Reaching all of our members would be an excellent start. As people have pointed out, not everyone uses the forums or teamspeak.

Stil not sure what you want him to do extra Shot ? you keep going on and on about different methods of advertising.
Forum, TS, Twitter, Facebook AND steam message's isn't enough for you ?
People who (want / are able) to join the event will be there, but there are a lot of INC members who can't or don't want to do this every week/month/etc.
And people who don't know about the events...not sure how so many notices escape the attention.
LioN
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1372646
Origin Account Name: Lionp27
InGame CSS Name: |INC| LioN
Playstation Network Username: Lionp27
XBOX Live Gamertag: Lionp2707
battle.net: LionP27#2310
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: SummusLeo.3759

Unread postby Shotking » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:42 pm

Not everyone comes on the forums, but may still be interested. I doubt many people at all read the Facebook or Twitter feeds - especially since Facebook has really locked down the amount of advertising you can do organically. Tweets pretty much have a time-limit. Steam messages are great, but if enough hype hasn't been built up then people probably won't be on at the right time any way.

I think emailing gets hold of everyone, which is why it's such a successful form of marketing. Perhaps it would work in this case, perhaps it wouldn't. I'm just trying to bring some pragmatism to the discussion, whether or not people think he or anyone else has done enough. Some of the events simply haven't been successful and I think it's good to question why that is.
Shotking
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6004306
InGame CSS Name: Shotking

Unread postby GeneralZod2813 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:49 pm

all "members" are part of the INC Steam group and get notifications a hour or so before each event, that in itself i always found to be sufficient. In regard to a Email newsletter i personally would not use the feature as i already have plenty of ways to find out whats going on in INC already.
GeneralZod2813
Lives Here
Lives Here

Unread postby Grandma » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:22 pm

Shotking wrote:Not everyone comes on the forums, but may still be interested. I doubt many people at all read the Facebook or Twitter feeds - especially since Facebook has really locked down the amount of advertising you can do organically. Tweets pretty much have a time-limit. Steam messages are great, but if enough hype hasn't been built up then people probably won't be on at the right time any way.

I think emailing gets hold of everyone, which is why it's such a successful form of marketing. Perhaps it would work in this case, perhaps it wouldn't. I'm just trying to bring some pragmatism to the discussion, whether or not people think he or anyone else has done enough. Some of the events simply haven't been successful and I think it's good to question why that is.

I agree entirely- and we do constantly review how to make things more successful or where things have gone wrong.

I'm not sure email is right for this audience, but I agree that it is still the most successful form of digital marketing at present.
Grandma
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Blog: View Blog (5)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9730917
Origin Account Name: madadamuk
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Grandma
Playstation Network Username: MadAdamUk
battle.net: madadamuk#2560
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: grandma.5296
Twitter: madadamuk
iMessage_id: admin@inc-gaming-clan.com

Unread postby lexadair » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Grandma wrote:
Shotking wrote:Not everyone comes on the forums, but may still be interested. I doubt many people at all read the Facebook or Twitter feeds - especially since Facebook has really locked down the amount of advertising you can do organically. Tweets pretty much have a time-limit. Steam messages are great, but if enough hype hasn't been built up then people probably won't be on at the right time any way.

I agree entirely- and we do constantly review how to make things more successful or where things have gone wrong.

I'm not sure email is right for this audience, but I agree that it is still the most successful form of digital marketing at present.

putting it that way I see your point and agree with you bud. Fair play.
lexadair
|INC| Events Team
|INC| Events Team

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:54582365
InGame CSS Name: lexadair
Playstation Network Username: lexadair
XBOX Live Gamertag: lexadair
Twitter: @baldy_heed
iMessage_id: adair.92@Gmail.com

Unread postby Chuckie » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:36 pm

Word of mouth always works best in my opinion :) How about if we have announcements after different events? So after the Knife Event, physically voice that 'X' event will take place on 'X' day at 'X' time... Just another solution and it's pretty straight forward :)
Chuckie
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:15712772
InGame CSS Name: ChuckieRAWR
Playstation Network Username: Chuckie2602
Twitter: @Keo26
iMessage_id: dankeogh@live.co.uk

Unread postby Meeziboy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:27 pm

i think the events are good i think you could maybe also add a snipe event or pistol ones as well
Meeziboy
A Cautious Visitor
A Cautious Visitor

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:72111903
Origin Account Name: Meeziboy
InGame CSS Name: Meeziboy

Unread postby Sobhana123 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:52 am

The postings on your site are always excellent. i really loved the content in it Thanks for the sharing please keep updating.
ISO 9001 in Qatar
Sobhana123
A Cautious Visitor
A Cautious Visitor

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:00000000

Previous

Return to Event Suggestions