It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:46 am

News

Forum News

Moderators: |INC| Clan Leaders (MIR), |INC| Events Team (ET)

Unread postby Giggity » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:57 am

I think it's only right if there's a 2014 post.

In my opinion, this year has gone awfully fast. It doesn't seem like yesterday since we all were singing "Auld Langs Syne" down the pub or with family getting merry. However this time has come around again, and in just over a weeks time, our larynx's will be once again violated with booze and dodgy singing, whilst our arms have randomly been crossed over for whatever reason, holding hands with either a member of your family or a complete stranger who you would normally not give the time of day.

But before all that we have the matter of Christmas. Christmas is the most celebrated event of the year globally. Presents can come in all shapes and sizes, some good presents, some useful and some just down right stupid, but all in good taste. Unfortunately we haven't done an INC secret santa this year, but possibly next year we'll get around to doing it.

So for 2014. What a year it has been (for myself at least). Where do we start with INC? We've had promotions in the ranks; first of all Leon, who was promoted to MIR at the end of last year, so he will have now served a full year as a man in red. I think he's done a great job for the community and I hope he carries on the way he has done. We all know his only fault and that is he loves to play gungame against the bots so he can have a number one status on one server at least! Secondly Sambo, Garro and DJ Renegade got their SR reinstated, Sam O'Neal, Bane and I (all three getting SR), whilst JayJay for the sixteenth time of rejoining INC along with Lexadair got promoted to Events Team, a big congratulations to us all. It's nice to look through the names in INC and see lots of purple (people donating). It shows that people are loving the community and giving something in return! Shame I can't channel it into my bank account ;) Obviously we've lost some members along the way, won't state their names but I think there's definitely some large characters that we all miss.

During the year, we've had 39 people wanting to trial to become an INC CSS member. Of these 39, 4 had their trials cancelled due to other commitments and 5 failed to reach the requirements set. So all in all, 77% of our trialists passed and have merged into the clan fantastically.

We've reached out as a community to more games. We've seen a large number of people develop a Dota 2 gathering, and much more recently a Day Z. It's nice to see that no matter the game, we still play together. Games such as Cards against Humanity has been amongst us this year on the odd occasion. The game is literally designed for the witty, whilst having elements of tongue in cheek and innuendo thrown straight across it.

Speaking from the CSS side of INC, Leon has done us his second year of running the weekly knife event. On the odd occasion an SR has had to run it, when Leon has been too busy either moving house, having sex or teaching some kids. I'm glad I got that sentence out correctly otherwise that might be awkward! I think on behalf of the CSS players, a big thank you for continuing to do that, shame you didn't quite manage a win! Whilst only new to the job, JayJay has been hard at work with promoting other events such as the weekly Saturday Night Swarms and the Iron Man event. Keep thinking of new ideas Jay and we'll keep playing them. Behind all of this, I know Sgt Mjr Yellow, Grandma and Leon have been preparing all the events for us alongside Jay so thank you to you three for being the rock behind those events.

I know I haven't been covering the other side of INC (the MMO side) but tbh I don't know what WoW and Star Wars is all about so I can't really say anything. The times I have sat in the channel with you all that play the MMO's, you're all really nice and welcoming even if after ten minutes of myself sitting in the channel, I really don't understand what you're going on about.

So all that leaves me to say is this. Have a great Christmas and happy New Year and let's hope 2015 is as good as 2014.
Giggity
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40266485
InGame CSS Name: Giggityyy or Chet Faker

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Re: 2014

Unread postby Orbicon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:08 am

Nice post Giggity and I do agree this year has gone awfully fast!

With regards to the MMO side of things the WoW INC guild will be a year old in a couple weeks. In that year I believe we have become a well established social guild. There is alot of INC members who play WoW but also we have roughly 22 active none INC members in the guild. Which 1 or 2 of them have gone on to become INC members.

Thank you to everyone in INC for a great 2014 and I hope 2015 is even better.

Merry Christmas all :)
Orbicon
|INC| WoW Officer
|INC| WoW Officer

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:34151867
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Orbicon
WoW Character Name: Legamir
battle.net: Orbicon#2701
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: Orbicon.4621

Unread postby Leon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:39 am

A well-put-together post there Gig. A nice sentiment and rounded reflection of the year with all positive acknowledgements and contributions in the right places.

Indeed overall it has been a good year for INC. There have been many new developments within and we've steered ourselves in the right direction. I think it's fair to acknowledge we've seen a quieter CSS front but for as long as people continue to help us out and use the servers we'll still keep them going :)

It really just goes to show the true testament of people's willing to stick by a community that does its utmost to look after each of its members. Without you guys, whether that be regulars, members, donators, SRs, Officers or ANY other active roles, we'd not be the community we are now and always have been. As some of you may know, every role is different and requires or entails a different range of skills in order to facilitate effectively within their role(s) so you have to admire that these people whether that be ET, TT etc. put a lot of effort into ensuring the community is at the forefront of everything and looking after you guys.

So for all those of you who are in specific roles, you've all worked incredibly hard for the community this year and on behalf of the MIR team we'd like to thank you! But, we would also like to thank ALL of you who have in one way or another contributed to the community too. Whether that be simply playing on our servers, with our Guild or joining in wherever possible, either in our events or other social aspects.

Mucho love to you all.

If I don't speak so some of you, I hope you ALL have a very Merry Chrimbo and a very drunken New Year!

I'm coming for you Gig, your Knife is going to turn to Jelly! WATCH.THIS.SPACE! :twisted:
Add Leon To Your Friends List

Good Admin Guide

INC Official Rules & Guidebook

If you're lucky enough to be different from everybody else, don't change!
Leon
Community Leader(MIR)
Community Leader(MIR)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32679217
Origin Account Name: Leon
InGame CSS Name: |INC| Leon
battle.net: Pheloung#2949
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: Leon.7126
iMessage_id: admin@inc-gaming-clan.com

Unread postby chub » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:36 pm

Nice post Giggs.

Its been a joy playing with all of you, wishing you all a merry christmas

btw, if anyone is still wondering what to get me for christmas, then heres a hint :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbGXBUif-PE
chub
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6127370
InGame CSS Name: chub-uk
WoW Character Name: Yukip

Unread postby Giggity » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:01 pm

Seems a bit too young for you Chub, don't want to then have to buy you a hip replacement!
Giggity
|INC| CSS Server Rep
|INC| CSS Server Rep

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40266485
InGame CSS Name: Giggityyy or Chet Faker

Unread postby CoSK » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:07 pm

Well said dude. A merry Christmas and happy new year to you! :)

Sent from my SM-N910F
CoSK
CSS Member
CSS Member

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8428040
InGame CSS Name: gricey
WoW Character Name: Hambeast
Playstation Network Username: SwoleyJoley
battle.net: gricey#21704
Guild Wars 2 Account Name: EtonMessy.1836

Unread postby Garro » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:58 am

Well said Gig.

Hope everyone has a great break and eats lots of food and gets lots of nice presents.

I know I've not been around much but I would like to thank everyone involved for their efforts as part of the community. There's something special here and I think a lot of you will agree with that, here's to many more years of INC ;)
Garro

Unread postby lexadair » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:18 pm

lexadair
|INC| Events Team
|INC| Events Team

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:54582365
InGame CSS Name: lexadair
Playstation Network Username: lexadair
XBOX Live Gamertag: lexadair
Twitter: @baldy_heed
iMessage_id: adair.92@Gmail.com